Search Engine Optimization
If ever you’ve searched for something on the internet, you know that thousands of results are generated.
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the technique web developers use to help search engines find a website. By incorporating key words and phrases into page content, the site becomes more visible to search engines and is consequently ranked higher on the list of search results.
In a nutshell, the better the optimizated, the greater your site visibility. Being at the top of search results can bring potential customers to your website who may be looking for what you have to offer.
Where do I start with SEO?
SEO starts with building a high quality, well organized website. Creative Web Designs offers a variety of services, including:
- For new sites, optimizing your new site to help you rank higher on the most popular search engines, based on terms that are important to your business
- For existing sites, we evaluate how your website currently ranks using a variety of metrics, and offer recommendations on how to improve it
- Analytic services are available to evaluate the trends of customer engagement and offer suggestions for improvement if necessary
Key rules for SEO
Whether you’re building a new site or refurbishing an existing one, we follow a few key rules that will build a strong foundation for a quality, accessible, usable and optimized website.
- Set goals for your site! Clearly define why your website exists
- Focus on 5-20 main related keywords or phrases for your entire site. Choose carefully. You can optimize all you like but if people aren’t searching for what you’re selling, no amount of SEO will help you rank or sell more
- Use search engine friendly URLs. Avoid using ‘Home’, ‘Products’…. be specific. Use your best keywords in your domain name, titles, folder name, post and page names.
- Style your headings, don’t use images. Use real headings elements, such as H1, H2 throughout your content
- Refresh your website with new content and pages regularly. An easy way to do this is to start a blog and be sure to pepper the content of those posts with valuable keywords
- Unique titles and page meta data. Make sure the title of each page is different, and that each page follows a ‘theme’ of keywords unique to that page
- Image tags the offer useful descriptive keywords
- Link in – Link out! Search engines give more importance to websites that link to other related sites. Campaign to have other sites link to you as well, especially those with existing high ranking. When linking from one page to another within your own site, use your specific keywords or phrases as part of the link
How can we help improve your search ranking?
When determining a tailored SEO solution, Creative Web Designs takes the following factors into account:
- Locality: will your site be viewed primarily by local or by international users?
- Competition: Are the words users type in to search for your services low competition or high competition?
- Current site positioning: Does your site appear on the first page or page 10 of search listings?
By having a well-rounded SEO strategy and are aware of factors that engage your visitors, we help drive up the quantity as well as the quality of visitors, keeping them coming back and referring them to friends and colleagues.